Picture yourself on a beach, surrounded by pristine waters. Or lying by the poolside, the sun in your face, the breeze making your hair sway, music soothing your ears, and peace in your soul.
Summer is here, and it’s that time of the year when all our body goals come to a screeching halt. Why? Reality check! Let’s face it. We have all made a new year resolution to get fit, lose weight, and rock that summer body at some point in our lives. More power to the women who actually managed to do it. But regardless of which side of the fence you are on, you need a swimsuit that fits and sits right on your body. Let’s look at swimsuits for different body types.
15 Best Swimsuits Based On Your Body Type
The fear of shopping for a swimsuit is bigger than the fear of water for most women. Some need to camouflage love handles while others need help concealing a protruding belly or something that accentuates their frame. So, we have compiled a list of swimsuits for all body types. Scroll away!
Table Of Contents
1. One Piece Strapless Swimsuit For Inverted Triangle Body Type
Amp up that inverted triangle body of yours and flaunt your broad shoulder blades in this strapless swimsuit. With its poised pink hue and sweetheart neckline, this swimsuit is purely an urbane choice. The material is both soft and fitting.
2. Ashley Graham Boss Underwire One-Piece Swimsuit For Plus Size Type Body
Have curves, will flaunt. A swimsuit that knows where and how to hold those curves is what anyone with a curvy, plus-sized body needs. The halter neck makes your décolletage look great and keeps your breasts in place, while the mesh detailing camouflages whatever it needs to.
3. Rebeca Virtue Play Plunge One-Piece For Hour Glass Body Type
Wearing this is nothing but showing off your exploding confidence. Flaunt your hour-glass figure and your sense of style with this one. The crochet panel, plunging neckline, the tie-able back strap makes it look just stylish from the back as it is from the front. Go get it!
4. High-Waisted Halter Neck Swimsuit For All Body Types
Monokini? Yes! High-waisted? Hell, yes! I love the novelty of some of the fashion designers out there and am always in awe of their unique designs. Monokini is usually a one-piece suit that has gotten a facelift. It looks like a one-piece from the front and a two-piece from behind. Isn’t that cool? The subtle details like the tieable bow at the back and the crochet fabric make this a stunning piece. I cannot wait to get into one of these! It looks great on all body types, so go for it!
5. Underwire Tankini Swimsuit For Hour Glass Body Type
Tankinis are like tank tops, but with added support. The padded protection lifts your petite frame and accentuates your hourglass figure. A bottom like this one sits taut and comfortable, so you don’t have to worry about your bum being on full display. You can mix and match them with other bottoms, so that’s a plus!
6. Off-Shoulder Ruffle Bandeau For Pear Body Type
Do you like athletic designs when it comes to swimsuits? In that case, you don’t have to ditch your fashion sense altogether. Choose suits like this one that focuses on functionality while also looking cute. Show off your cuts, shoulders, and body, and highlight your assets. The off-shoulder design makes it look all the more cutesy.
7. Coastal Blue One-Sided Bikini For Inverted Triangle Body Type
Look your best not just while in the water but also while you are chilling on the side in this dapper swimwear that is easy to wear and does not skimp on style. This high-waisted, one-sided shoulder suit focuses on fit, style, and support. It looks perfect on a pear or inverted triangle body type.
8. Swimsuit Dress For Hourglass And Rectangle Body Types
Bring the bandeau style to your swimsuit and spruce up the otherwise dull swimsuit dress style. The tummy control feature of this suit works on hiding love handles while the shirring detail and ruffled hemline balance the silhouette. This piece looks great on hourglass, petite, and rectangle body types.
9. Maxine Two-Tier Suit For All Body Types
The leafy design and ruffles of this swimsuit scream fervor and fun. All of it points to a beach vacation, and, let’s face it, you deserve one. Add this to your bikini collection and multiply the fun. It creates a great silhouette and sits well on all body types.
10. Halter Neck One-Piece For All Body Types
Never tried a wild print with a swimsuit before? This high-halter neck printed suit will have heads turning at your next beach vacation. It is body-hugging, comfortable, and supports your breasts. And, irresistible of course! People with a triangle, hour-glass, or just about any body type can slay in this swimsuit.
11. Miraclesuit Temptress Swimsuit For Rectangle Body Type
The Miracle Temptress Swimsuit is a blessing in disguise. It camouflages everything that needs to be and accentuates the best parts of your body. The soft padding for breast support, side shirring, fabric, and deep sweetheart neckline steers the attention to all the right places. Its curved print on both types also creates the illusion of curves on anyone with a rectangle body type. Chic and suave!
12. Kenneth Cole High-Neck Banded One-Piece For Hour Glass Body Type
Look classy and pleasant in this high-neck banded halter one-piece swimsuit. The body-hugging fit and body-compressing design of this suit holds your body tight. It streamlines the flab and contours anything you don’t want to be seen. Pair it with a sarong, a sleek bun, and oversized glasses. Women with hour-glass and petite bodies, I’m talking to you.
13. Kate Spade New York Scalloped Cutout Bikini For Apple Body Type
The New York cutout bikini lets you live your best beach days. Its scalloped sweetheart neckline, cutout with a knotted accent at the bust, high-waist bottoms, pull-on construction, and full rear coverage is what all bikini dreams are made of.
14. Mara Hoffman Gamela One-Piece For Rectangle Body Type
Got big hips and broad shoulders? Here’s what you need – a striped, high-cut one-piece with an attached tie at the waist. Its adjustable spaghetti straps give you minimal coverage accentuate the best parts of your body.
15. Land’s End Slender Surplice For Pear Body Type
You flaunt some, you hide some – that’s how you define a great swimsuit. It is amazing how the print and cut of this bikini sculpts your body into a slender silhouette. It does not tuck away your natural curves and holds on to its flattering silhouette. The neckline, broad shoulders, cross V-neckline, and draped overlay provide coverage and streamline your hips a little bit without wearing a full skirt.
Buying a swimsuit can be a bit overwhelming. Looking for something that essentially puts your body on display while making sure everything stays in place is quite a task. Knowing the different types of swimsuits out there can ease a bit of that anxiety. Here’s what you need to know.
Types Of Swimsuits
- One-Piece – As the name suggests, the one-piece suit is a single garment that you slide into and works as a whole.
- Bikini – The classiest and most famous of them all! A bikini is a two-piece set with a separate panty and bra. You find the most number of variations in this type of swimsuit — bandeau, one-shoulder, off-shoulder, halter-neck… the list goes on. You can play around with the cut of the top and the bottom, color, print, and pattern.
- Swim Dress – A swim dress looks like a dress and is mostly spotted at public pools. It gives your butt some great coverage and is comfortable.
- Full Swimsuit – A full swimsuit is usually worn to common pools or when you are exposed to the sun regularly. It protects you from tanning and chlorine.
- Tankini – A tankini is a combination of bikini bottom with a tank top. It is great for concealing a protruding tummy.
Have you found your match? Remember, there is only one right way to sport a swimming costume — feeling comfortable in it. As they say, you’re one swim away from a good mood! On that note, keep calm and continue to swim.
Have any more questions about what kind of swimsuit will suit your body type? Leave them in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you.
- 5 Important Skin Care Tips For Swimmers
- 6 Best Waterproof Makeup Products To Use While Swimming
- Top 10 Yoga Poses For Swimmers